Those who know me might know that I’m a bit of a sucker for adventure and done just a little bit of cycle touring (wayyy back in 2018 – https://thetravellingbeancounter.wordpress.com). I had dreamed up this baby a little while after getting back from Japan – the idea of cycling from (new) hometown to (original) hometown. With a good mate’s wedding the weekend following, the stars finally aligned and I set off on the 2nd of December.
|Ride||Fri, 02/12/2022||Day 1: Sydney to Warners Bay||5:57:24||147.40 km||1,381 m|
|Ride||Sat, 03/12/2022||Day 2: Newcastle to Scone||6:49:35||168.59 km||1,579 m|
|Ride||Sun, 04/12/2022||Day 3 – Scone to Tamworth||6:08:54||142.22 km||1,107 m|
Highlights (and Lowlights):
- Highlight: Fueling up at Manly bowls before starting for my Finance Christmas party at Amazon. Also noting the bike way atleast 80% lighter than what I was riding around Japan on
- Lowlight: Crazy traffic and psycho drivers from Manly to Palm Beach Ferry
- Highlight: KFC with Rolly on arrival into Newcastle
- Lowlight: Gear cable snapping literally halfway into the 2nd day
- Highlight: “Day for it” good weather all round, especially when going through the Hunter Valley
- Highlight: Powering up the Great Dividing Ranges without stopping until reaching the top
- Lowlight: Currabubula Markets had millions of cars on the small rural roads when I was so close to home
- Highlight: Accomplishing the trip! Especially with no injuries (besides an aching gooch and dead quads).